Monday, April 28, 2008

Here comes the bride!


This month has been a whirlwind of wonderful family stuff. The most all-consuming thing (for me at least) was my sister Christy's wedding. Chrsity and Adam were married in the St. George Temple on April 19. The weeks previous to that day were chock full of wedding preparations. I was given the honor of "official wedding planner," a task I did not take lightly. Ever since Christy was a little girl she has dreamed of a magical, beautiful wedding. I wanted so much for her special day to be everything she dreamed of. I think it tuned out perfectly, and when I asked her she said "It was better than all my dreams come true." I have never been paid a higher compliment. It would never have turned out so well if it had not been for my awesome friends. Brandi dipped about a million strawberries and she, Bonita, and Summer gave up the better part of a Saturday to help things get set up. Thank you so much! I am so blessed to have such awesome friends and family! Another special bonus to that week was all the time I got to spend with my sisters (one who came and stayed a whole week) and mom. My mother shys away from anything crafty so when we set out to decorate 20 wreaths with flowers I didn't expect her to jump right in, but she did and we discovered a hidden talent! I wish the best to Christy and Adam! PS. this picture is right after Christy and Adam came out of the temple. The curler-head is Shaunie.

4 comments:

Shane and Brandi said...

It looks like you got the picture thing to work! Yeah! Christy is lucky to have you as a sister. You did a wonderful job on her wedding.

Lisa Harradine said...

Hey Kendra its your cousin Lisa. I just saw that you have a blog on Becky's blog and thought I would say Hi. I am glad that everything went sooo good with Christy's wedding. I am sad I missed it.

Becky said...

You are awesome at this blog thing! I love your journaling...is that what you call it on a blog? The wedding was the most beautiful thing. I agree with Christy.

Kimi said...

Looks like you did a great job. Tell Christy a huge congrats from me. I haven't seen her in years. (just popping in from Brandi's blog :) )