Monday, August 10, 2009

This posts for you, Jen!

LOL! Take a moment to read the comment left by Jenglamgirl on my last post. Yeah. I know. I'm a slacker.
So. In honor of Jen's inspiring comment, here are a few things that I completely blew over this summer. And in no particular order:

1.Shaunie's Baptism. Shaunie was baptized in June. She is such a sweet, tender, loving 8-going-on-18-year-old! I was proud of her decision to be baptized. And I made her baptism dress.
2.Family Vacation #1 of the summer: Golden's family out at lake Powell. Highlights of the trip were Waverunners, Cliff Jumping (and I was the only girl who did it!!!!), saving a girl from drowning, and Uncle Whit and Uncle Scott tossing kids into the lake.



3. Fourth of July: Vacation #1 actually took place over fourth of July weekend, so we missed the usual daytime activites, but don't worry, we still made time for fireworks and a barbecue. Thanks Amy and Jared for some FAB gourmet hot dogs.
4. Vacation #2 Indio and Becky's house. My family (minus Zach who was working and Miah on a mission and Adam who was interviewing) all headed out to a condo in Indio. It was so fun to have a relaxed, non-stress, do-whatever-you-feel-like trip. Unfortunately, I was so relaxed about this trip that I didn't take nearly enough Pictures. Highlights of this trip are My first tan in about 10 years. May not be visible to the naked eye, but I promise its there; Gage learning to swim, Lincoln and Shaunie swimming across the entire pool, Lacie NOT drowning even once, no sunburns, Date shakes (date like the fruit), the Huge toad that Gage snuck into the condo and let go. We had to pull ot the fridge to get him out; Santa Monica Pier roller coaster, Boogie boarding at the beach (I'm good. it's one of my hidden talents) Golden driving the ENTIRE time (big highlight for me, Honey I LOVE YOU) and seeing the new Harry Potter movie. Loved it. Love everyone.
5. Vacation #3 Sandberg Family Reunion. We crammed as many of Golden's plethora of cousins into large cabin as we could fit. There were people sleeping on every availabe surface. It was so, so, so fun. There was yummy food and a beautiful pond where you could canoe or swim. They put out a giant slip and slide and a few brave souls (including myself) hurled ourselves down the slide. FUN! I gotta get one of those. I also thoroughly enjoyed seeing my MIL push Golden's Aunt into the pond. That was brave. I guess that means that she likes getting thrown in the pool. I'll have to remember that for future reference. Unfortunately, my camera ran out of batteries the first day. Just as well, this post is getting so long, nobody will read it. Except maybe Jen.

12 comments:

keri said...

Glad Jen gave you a little push to updatge. Looks like you had a fun filled summer, Love Shaunie's dress.

Unknown said...

Ahhh BIG THANKS! I love Shaunie's dress, its beautiful, great job. Sounds and looks as though you have had alot of fun with the family. Totally a boy thing to sneak in the frog HA! and the SM pier with the roller coaster... makes me miss my hunny moon. Kev and I stayed in a beach front hotel on one of our stops and the pier was right off to the left of our balcony. Good memories. Glad you updated, I love all the pics. p.s. did you cliff jump too? SCARY!

Unknown said...

Oh' never mind you did cliff jump.. and slip and slide ha!.. way to go brave mommy!

The Andra Family said...

Sounds like a fun summer. You are quite the adventurer. Thanks for the update.

Nate and Sum said...

I love Shaunie's dress. You are one talented lady!

Alisha said...

Al I have to say is it is about time!!! I cant believe you are such a slacker!! Its not like you have anything better to do with your time. Or do you?????????? hummmmmmmm

Stephanie said...

...and Stephanie will read this, too. See, she reads all Kendra's blog posts! She misses her cute cousins!

Bonita said...

Yeah!! I was just wondering about an update! -thanks Jen! What a fun summer! Your family will have some great memories.
I hope you plan on making Shaunie's prom and wedding dresses cause WOWZERS! It was GEORGOUS!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great summer! Everytime I would check your blog and see that you hadn't posted, I thought, Slacker. Of course, that's coming from someone who does not have a blog or anything so I have to comment under annonymous!! Cute pictures, especially the one of Gaige with the toad!!

Shane and Brandi said...

I read to the end so ha! Gage and the toad are classic! You were gone way too much this summer. You should have more consideration about your friends you left behind all summer. lol Glad you had such a fun summer!

Alisha said...

Wow I dont know how many times I am going to have to look at this before you change it. I'll wait............

Becky Seymour said...

I can't believe you made that dress. I don't know how people are so talented like you! Seriously...how do you do it? Thanks for the update. Jenn is funny