
Maridee and I just spent a couple of fun filled weeks in never land planning "the best birthday party" ever. It wasn't for us. Well, maybe it was a little. But Mason and Lacie have birthdays only a week apart and they love each other so, so much. So how could we not throw them the party of our (i mean their) dreams?
We are so, so proud of the cake. Maridee made sure to do her homework before attempting such a confectionary wonder. Cake boss was a fabulous resource. And I couldn't pass up those teeny-tiny tink figurines. The flowers are made of smooshed and rolled out gumdrops. Again, Maridee's idea (she is the girl with the plans!) BTW, since we couldn't possible allow anyone to desecrate our masterpiece, we baked cupcakes. Met made adorable tshirts for our guests that had the cutest little fairy wings on the back for the girls and captain hook's hook on the back. We added a pirate element for the boys. We had play dough with pixie dust in it, Mermaid lagoon with a pirate ship to climb in and an ocean of blue balloons, and a picture treasure hunt. Thanks, Grandma for the face-painting. That was a huge hit with the three year old set.
Maridee sculpted a fabulous tree out of paper (paper is definately her medium) and I drew a freaky peter pan and a psycho mermaid. Hopefully the guests don't get nightmares :). We decorated with all kinds of fairies and flowers and pastel colors. All the older kids dressed up as pirates, fairies, and Gage was Peter Pan. Since we needed our little pixies to be absolutely cute, we made them pettiskirts. There is a tutorial on Martha Stewart. But if you wish to try this... Warning! It takes a lot of time!! But time with ruffles and fluff and pink is time well spent in my book!
All in all, I think the party was a success. And the kids liked it to. And to the parents of the guests, You're welcome for the giant pixie sticks :)












13 comments:
PS don't you think Maridee looks great in that picture!
Kendra you are so darn creative! I love it! That looks like a ton of fun both for the kids and for you!
It was so so beary fun! (as Kailin kept saying over and over) I didn't realize you and Maridee were matching, but it is way cute! Hope the girls had a good time! MY girls did. Thanks for having them!
Adalyn also had a lot of fun. I'm glad we made it back in time for the party.
That is SO cute! I can't wait to have kids so I can throw the parties of their (or MY, like you said) dreams! ha ha You girls did an amazing job, love the cake!
Darling party ladies. I love the skirts. Are you for hire? super cute
That picture is not a good picture but, it is better than the last one so I will not threaten you with death. I do not know what to do with myself now that the fun is over. I guess I have to finally clean my house and pay the bills. BORING!!!!
So totally cute.... supermoms to the day. I agree with Keri.. R U 4 hire...
Very cute...wish we had been invited! Sammi is wondering if you would do the same thing for her birthday party in a couple of months. I hope you didn't throw it all away after the party! I am not nearly as cute or creative as you both are!
You are so talented! I love the theme. Good job lady!
it looks like alot of work and planning went into that party. Well it paid off!!! way cute and fun! Love the cake and cupcakes... all of it!!!
amazing!
Wow! Everything turned out so cute. You girls are amazing
Post a Comment