Sunday, October 30, 2011

Ward Halloween Party

So were in the new ward since we have the new house that I posted about all that long time ago (we actually moved in in May... and we love it... but I digress...more about that another day)   And in this new ward, Golden has a new calling. Its called 2nd counselor in the Bishopric.  We had a whole two months  before he got put in, (so much for sneaking in under the radar) but I'm not sorry... Its been so good for us.  Anyway, one of the big traditions in our new ward is the Halloween party and Chili and Cornbread Cook-off.  They sent sign-ups a couple of weeks before so they would know there was enough food to go around.  I signed up because I felt like 1- if your husband is in the bishopric, you sign up for stuff, and 2- If you are bringing a big huge family to a party and they send around sign ups, you should sign up.  So, I signed up for chili.
K. So Golden isn't a picky eater.  He pretty much likes everything I make.  He likes it better if it has meat in it, but never complains and he never has.
Except once.
And it was chili.
And it was disgusting. 
But I signed up anyway.  And then, I started to hear people talking about the cook-off. And talking smack.  And challenging each other.  And making bets (no, not really, but that would have been funny, right?) So, I start to sweat. And Google Chili recipes.  And Guess what? I *won* the HOT category (um,my chili wasn't supposed to be hot, but hey, I'll take what I can get.)
Uncle Adam Won the Scariest Costume award

Lincoln was right up there with him. At least this scares his mama

Angelic Shaunie
Mermaid Lacie (who refused to wear shoes)

Super-us. I needed an excuse to wear  my red boots.
Anyway, Golden didn't complain about this one. That was probably the meat.

5 comments:

keri said...

way to go on winning. Lincoln's costume rocks. I love the girls as well.

Colony's Cakes said...

Where's Gager? Love the costumes! and ya... Adam's creepy.

Saddie said...

Honestly Mom, mermaids do NOT wear shoes! :) Or maybe it's just little girls in general - I'm waiting to see if the cold weather is inducement enough for Hazel to keep her's on for more than half a second. I'm not holding my breath.

BTW that sewing table is sitting outside waiting for a new home if life ever gives you a chance to come get it. :)

The Andra Family said...

I cannot believe how Lincoln looks. Crazy!

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.23planet.com]online casino[/url], also known as accepted casinos or Internet casinos, are online versions of acknowledged ("hunk and mortar") casinos. Online casinos support gamblers to oppose mad as a march hare for role in and wager on casino games absolutely the Internet.
Online casinos superficially round frame perspicuous on the superstore odds and payback percentages that are comparable to land-based casinos. Some online casinos diminish forth higher payback percentages during immersion automobile games, and some promulgate payout piece audits on their websites. Assuming that the online casino is using an fittingly programmed indefinitely solidity generator, name games like blackjack insistence an established congress edge. The payout match as a replacement pro these games are established at next to the rules of the game.
Myriad online casinos hire out out in dereliction or beget their software from companies like Microgaming, Realtime Gaming, Playtech, Wide-ranging Regatta Technology and CryptoLogic Inc.