Friday, March 6, 2009

sumthin to blog about

You may have noticed (or maybe I am just flattering myself) that I haven't posted in a while. Can you believe that I have nothing to blog about? (I wanna blog about me wanna blog about i wanna blog about #1 oh my me my) Well, now I have a list.....

1. It was Dr. Seuss week at school. my kidlets dressed up as "Whos." Fun, huh!













2. Today is Baby Lacie's birthday. She is two. (oh how sad for her momma! ) We will be celebrating tomorrow so I will take pic's then. She is now (mostly) potty trained and I have no kids in diapers.



3. I did my grocery shopping today. I saved a bunch of money... NOT! several things happened. First, I misread an add and didn't pay attention when I picked out my cereal and ended up paying $3.49 a box for FOUR boxes (I am so embarassed) There was a milk catalina for $4.50 but since the milk I got only cost $1.99 my checker wouldn't let me use it (Brandi, you know the one I'm talking about) The cereal I SHOULD have bought would have cost me .97 a box. Then, I forgot to hand the checker my coupons at the end of my second transaction so I ended up paying FULL PRICE for 10 Dannon Light and Fit yogurts! I really hate paying full price. Then I ended up adding three extra filler items that I didn't need at all. Total spent: about $16 more than I would have if my head was glued on straight. No, I did not take a picture. And, as an added bonus, Wags is out of all the money-maker items that I wanted this week (cue violins). I think I've lost my ability to spot a good deal.

4. Soccer started this week. Lincoln and Gage are both playing and they both have AWESOME coaches!!! Lincoln has really blossomed out this year and I am so proud. Gage plays with tons of enthusiasm. He scored two points today. Too bad they were for the other team LOL.





















5. Gage eats raw potato peelings. Sometimes he sneaks raw potatos and hides behind the easy chair and eats them lik apples. Weird, huh.










6. I bought a formal for our cruise (which we are leaving for in May) at DI for $12! and I LOVE it. it's perfect. Brandi found it and threw it in the dressing room I was in. I looked at the label and saw a 4. I thought "well, it laces up the back, so..." (stretch, squeeze, suck in, PULL!) And It fits perfectly. Until I tried to take it off. Has anyone else ever been stuck in a dress? I seriously thought that I was going to have to cut that thing off. So then I remember that I am wearing the underwear that has a big rip in it and suddenly I am much more motivated to get this thing off of my not size four body without any help from my friends. Brandi thought it would be funny to page Golden (who works at DI) and have him come help me. yeeeaaah. If I can lose my weight, I will post a pic of the dress. It's pretty:}

7. While I am stuck in dresses in the dressing room, Golden has lost 22 pounds and Let me tell ya, He looks HOT!

8. I painted a wall Red in my living room and a hot pink wall in the girls' room. I'll post when I'm done with the rooms (I love decorating)

ummm, I think that sums it up! Have a great day :}

15 comments:

keri said...

I am so glad that you posted. I can't wait to see your walls and your formal. That stinks with the deals.

Shane and Brandi said...

Talk about a loaded post! I am glad your back. I love your formal and your walls! I can't wait to can on Monday!

Becky said...

I have had shopping trips like that...it's frustrating. However, I have never had a raw potato or peelings...you might want to get that kid checked out...

The Clarks said...

1) I love watching kids that age where they often score for the other team ~ those are some of the best/funniest games I have ever scene.

2) Yes, I have been stuck in a dress and seriously thought about throwing my money at the cashier as I run out to my car :)

3) Your kids are adorable as whoos (and also as themselves)

4) Can I hire you to potty train Elise?

:)

Jena said...

First of all, YES! I did notice that you've not blogged in a while...I love hearing your stories and updates! Second of all: You're one of the funniest people I know! Loved the pics, loved the coupon clipping catastrophe, loved the DI story! For selfish reasons, I think you should keep blogging...even when you don't think you have anything to blog about~ :)

Stephanie said...

Thanks for the fun updates! I love hearing about how life is going for you. :)

rayndrop said...

yipee! i'm so glad to read a post. and it's a good one. for a awhile there, i didn't think i'd be getting into your page. something weird happened, and sometimes the computer wouldn't take me to your page. enough already, i know.

Unknown said...

I also can't wait to see what the walls look like. Getting deals at DI is fan-tab-ulous!

Tiffanie said...

Cutenesses all around! So fun, so cute, so adorable... is there anything else to sum it up?

Lisa Harradine said...

Cute pictures and Happy Birthday Lacie! To answer your question I use Grocerysmarts.com also, savvyshopperdeals.com and goodorfreedeals.blogspot.com. It is so nice saving all the money I love it. I think I got the good or free deals website from your blog so thanks for having it there! That one is one of my favorites :)Hope you are all doing good

Lisa Harradine said...

Oh and I forgot to say that I had a shopping day like that this last week. It was also with the GM cereal and free milk it was very frustrating!

The Queen P said...

I'm so sad that we couldn't come down this weekend! Your kids are adorable! Whoolicious!

The Johnson's said...

It is good to see you are keeping busy!

Anonymous said...

Your children are so cute I just can't believe how big they are getting. http://joejilyandjasperherrmann.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Kendra- Can you and would you pass along to your mom to announce in releif society that Kevin and I really need moving boxes. the sooner the better! I will also send her an email. I would appreciate it so much. THANK YOU. Jenn