Sunday, April 19, 2009

Here we go again.

I probably have about a billion things to post about since I can't get myself off of pinching your pennies lately. I have been neglecting all of my blogging buddies. (Sorry.) So.... here's another list.


1. Moab trip. What great people my hubby's family are (is?) We spent Friday and Saturday in Moab. We went hiking in Arches Ntl park (A must, must, must do. Put it on your bucket list!) A very nice lady from somewhere in the world took a picture of all of us under the arch. COOL.



We were able to go as just couples and spend the weekend. It was a very refreshing and fun break. The reason we went traveled there was to attend a dedication ceremony for the crash sight where Mandy's plane went down. I have to admit that I was very, very nervous to go out to this sight. I was worried that I wouldn't be able to control my emotions (and I couldn't, surprise! and even better, my emotions are on the front page of the newspaper) But I am so, so glad I went. Both Golden and his Grandma talked about what a special spirit was there. And it's true. It wasn't a scary, bad, horrible place, even though there was a tragedy at that spot. It was a peaceful, reflective, spiritual spot. I am so grateful for the gospel and the comfort that it gives me. This weekend was made possible for Golden and I by my mom, dad, sis, bil, and brother. Thanks for all the help with my kids. I love you guys!
2. Easter. Geez. I better keep this short or else nobody will read it!
I made Easter dresses for the girls. not the boys. It isn't as fun to sew for boys, but they look dang cute in their slick easter outfits from the store! Here is a picture.












We went for our annual Johnson fishing trip Easter weekend. We had a great time except for when we almost had our kids swept out to sea. The were paddling by the shore in little life rafts when a huge wind came up and pushed their little rafts out to the middle of the lake. Lincoln was in one of the rafts and his two cousins were in another. They all were paddl
ing for all they were worth, but the wind was too strong and the waves were too high. All the men except for one brave uncle were out on the boat, and he ran over to the shore to try and coax the kids back . I thought Lincoln was going to drown. He isn't an overly strong swimmer and the waves and wind were so strong, and he was just too far out to sea. The only thing I could see to do was to pray. We said a prayer that the men would come in with the boats, but that wasn't how our prayer was answeres. Heavenly Father calmed the winds and stopped the waves. A gentle breeze started blowing in the other direction as our little kids paddled themselves back to shore , and we all said a prayer of thanks. I am sharing this story because I hope that people will know that miracles happen today and that God watches over us, his children. I am so grateful.

11 comments:

The Andra Family said...

That would be tough to go to the site, but it sounds like it was a very spiritual experience and maybe helped give some closure.

Megan said...

my sister lives in Moab, so if the article was from there, I could see if she could get some... if you want... Glad to hear things went well.

keri said...

How scary to have the kids get swept away but what a powerful testimony builder of prayer. That would be very hard to go to the site but to go with family and feel the love and strength of each other.

joyce said...

I feel like Mandy was there to help the children. Great blog, Kendra!

Nate and Sum said...

I have to admit your April Fools blog got me for just a second... I'm glad you guys had a good time at Moab. Your mom sat by me at church with the kids. She shared a sucker with Adalyn. Such a great grandma.

Kurt and Kortney Tobler said...

Thats a great story Kendra! Scary...but super neat. And I love the Easter dresses, they are soo cute! Gosh I wish I was a talented sewer especially now that I will actually have a little girl to dress up all cute. I guess I'll have to learn!

Amy said...

Darn it Kendra, you beat me. I had better get my blog update! We had fun the past couple of weeks!

Unknown said...

What a neat experience for you and your hubby. I have to agree in a setting like that it would be hard to not get emotional. The girls Easter dresses were darling you did a great job. P.S. Lacie could of had one of Bella's fruit snacks, I was more worred that Bella would of screamed NOOOOO in church, lol!

Jena said...

Umm, so your family is WAY too darn cute! I LOVED the Easter outfits, you're amazing!

Becky Seymour said...

I love those darling easter dresses. I love shawnie's little white shirt. you have to tell me how you made it....seriously...it makes modest dresses so darling. your post wasn't too long, even if it was, i would've read it

Becky said...

Looks like you guys had fun! I am glad Lincoln didn't die :) . I can't wait to see you in a few weeks.