Monday, December 28, 2009

Seems like I did this last year....




That is, didn't blog for an entire month (or two) and then tried to catch up and share all our holiday goodies in one post. I think.... instead of jumbling everything up into one big, boring post, I'm going to enjoy reliving the holidays one post at a time. Today, I want to share our Christmas. My MIL has wanted pictures of her grandkids cooking do decorate her kitchen with (can you say cute idea?) And we wanted to get her some for christmas. Unfortunately, that became a day-before project because that was when we could get family here. Fortunately, that means that we got to spend Christmas morning making sugar cookies for Santa! Thanks, Maridee, for organizing that.
Christmas Eve night was at the Johnson house this year (I really wish I could be two places at once) and it was a very nice evening. I have really enjoyed watching our families grow. It seems like just a little while ago, we were having the returned missionaries dressing up as wise-guys (complete with sunglasses) so that we had enough people. This year we had a plethora of small-frys and it made the cutest lil' nativity ever. At least in my opinion and I'm pretty sure that I could get a few other people to agree with me (a few with the last name of Johnson!) The talent show was also something to behold, and posted below are the performances of my four little virtuosos. Of course, PJ the elf visited us that night and left not only his customary pajamas, but slippers as well! Christmas morning was magical and my children were all excited and grateful. I hope everyone had a fabulously Merry Christmas, and thanks for reading!

10 comments:

Shane and Brandi said...

I loved the talent show thanks for sharing! I am glad you had such a wonderful Christmas!

Michelle said...

way way way cute!!! love the videos

keri said...

I love the videos as well. What a great idea to have a talent show. Looks like a great christmas

Unknown said...

How fun Keri~ love the idea of a talent show! I enjoyed the videos the ones that would work for me.. cute little fairy or butterfly dancers! I love Christmas, and it looks like you have made some fun memories and traditions. Now onto New Years resolutions.... how about blogging once a month! wink wink smile!

The Clarks said...

What a talented bunch of kids!

Nate and Sum said...

I agree with you about the cute little Johnson kids. :) It was fun spending Christmas Eve with your family.

Alisha said...

Holy crap those sugar plum fairys were soooooo cute!!!!! I could watch them over again and again! Love it. The other kids did such a great gob. i cant wait to see you. about the hair just hang in there. Dont let anyone ruin it!!!!you just have to wait till the 22nd and we will do it first thing when you get hear.

Annie Sunshine said...

P.J. Elf visits our house too. Is he a Hurricane resident? I didn't know he visited anyone but our family. Looks like you had a lot of fun. I hear you on the being two places at once. While it is nice we only have to travel to one place to see everyone, we often feel like we are being torn in two directions.

The Queen P said...

NOthing brings me more joy than hearing/seeing my nieces and nephews perform. Thanks for sharing Kendra!

Becky Seymour said...

TOtally love the catch up. It's cool. I bet that took you forever to upload! THanks for sharing. so cute!