

The Pinewood Derby has always been a big event in the Johnson household (and if any of you have seen the movie you know what I mean) When Golden was a little boy, a car that he and his dad built together won not only his pack but he took it to district (or whatever the correct unit is) and took first place there. This was Lincoln's last PW derby car, and this year Link was actually big enough to do a lot of the work all by him self (with the proper supervision from his father. Mom isnt about to let her baby loose with power saws) Gage really wanted to get in on the action. As soon as Lincoln walked in the door with his block of wood, Gage had "ideas" to what the car should look like. Lincoln went a different route than Gager had planned, but they still had lots of fun talking about it. I was able to get in on the action with my Cricut. (Notice the artistic swirl and the fleur-de-lis scout symbol...) They worked for HOURS on it this year, and their car took second place... by .002 seconds!! What a great bonding experience for my boys.

5 comments:
Love the car Lincoln.
How fun and a great way to spend some quality time with your son! I bet he will remember this always.
Second place is pretty darn good! But what a heart break to come so close to 1st and not get it.
Hugs,
Joanne
All the races were close. Lincoln did a great job! I love the swirls on his car!
My husband can't wait fir that day. The car looks great.
Kendra! Your Cricut stuff is super cute! I'm so excited that you now have one and love it :P I've been so neglectful of blogging the past few months, I know your cricut is old news now... Forgive me? :)
Post a Comment