I had grand plans to make cute, swirly polka-dot circle skirts from some adorable fabric that I bought from the dollar-table at wally world. And ties. polka -dot ties for my boys to match their sister's polka dot skirts. So I hauled out my stuff, looked online for a tutorial, and started cutting. I got everything cut, and even got a little sewing done and went to go press some seams. This is where things got a little crazy. Does anyone remember shrinky-dinks? Cute little plasticky things that shrink when you apply heat. yeah. You get where I'm going with this one. Needless to say, Brandi and I made a mad dash to the store to try and purchase some emergency Easter dresses and ties. I found dresses and those adorable ties that I liked pretty quickly, but they were a little more bare than I'd like and so I started shopping for sweaters. And almost choked to death at the price. I decided to MAKE shrugs. Again, search for a tute. I found this tutorial and went to work. Instead of starting with an existing shirt, I made my own from some XXL tee-shirts that I had bought brand new at a yard sale. I also added a flower that I cut from t-shirt scraps (just cut six circles in graduating sizes, cut the circles into a flower shape, lay them on top of each other, hand sew a circle shape in the middle, and gather the circle to pinch up the flower and make it look kinda rose-ish) I was pretty excited about how cute they came out AND they cost me less than a buck.! And I just couldn't help myself. I needed a new easter outfit too! So Saturday night, I threw together a fun little tiered skirt. And I made myself a flower using the above technique. And then I was happy.
Vroom!
9 years ago

14 comments:
Your kids looked so cute on Easter. I love your skirt. I think you should show me how to make that, since you like me so much. LOL
Kendra you really are one talented lady! I am lucky to be your friend.
Kendra you look awsome!!!!! HEEE HEEE. You are a star!
Your kids are darling!!! way to go on the shrugs. They all look so cute. HOWEVER, look at you.. MISS THANG! HA! love the whole outfit, your flower in your hair is darling... BUT... where is the tutorial.. and I want to see a closer shot. Have a good one! Jenn
Your dress turned out as cute as the ones you bought! I love the pictures!
I could put just five words at the end of every post you do. You are amazing...THE END!
I admire your sewing skills! Love the skirt!
Cute as always! Good Work!
You amaze me!
Ah! You are amazing! Super cute outfit! I want one.:)
Oh what fun!! Love it love it love it!
Great outfits!!! Your family is beautiful! Thanks for leaving a comment on Wenderful's site!
XOXO
Jen
Your talents truly amaze me. What creative talent you have.
How in the world do you just "throw togetether" a skirt like that. It is soooo freaking cute! Love it! I can't believe that you made all of that. really....you are talented
Post a Comment