Thursday, May 20, 2010

Thankful heart.

Today I have to share something. For the first time in my life I have had the opportunity to take part in some missionary work. My Hubby is Ward Mission Leader and I am Mia Maid leader in Yw. Right now, we have three YW taking the discussions. Today we were able to have one of the discussions in my home. And I just feel so happy to be able to share in this experience. It's no secret that I'm nuts about newborn babies. It's like everything is fresh and clean and innocent and sweet. And that is what it is like to watch someone gain a testimony. It's beautiful to see someone with that light in their eyes that means "I know God loves me, no matter what. I want to please him." It's fun to watch young men that are inexperienced in teaching anything sharing the most important message ever taught. I am grateful to be a part of this. And I'm grateful that I know.

10 comments:

Shane and Brandi said...

What a fun experience!

Nate and Sum said...

Thanks for sharing your experience. Neat!

keri said...

What a wonderful experience. Thanks for sharing it with us. I think Golden is doing such an awesome job and what a example you both are your family and to the rest of us.

Unknown said...

There is nothing better then a good feeling, and even better... feeling the spirit and learning and teaching the gospel. WAY TO GO to you both.

P.S. GO KENDRA two posts almost back to back! "WOW"!!! have a good weekend, Jenn

The Johnson's said...

I am glad you are having such neat experiences. I was happy to see you yesterday!

Alisha said...

I love it when the room is so full of the spirit you know that god is there with you.

Bonita said...

What a blessing! I bet it has really made you more aware of the spirit around you and in your home. The missionary spirit is a wonderful thing to experience.

Echolaylee said...

I love our girls! I felt the same way when I got to go to the discussions. It makes me so happy!

Anonymous said...

That is wonderful! That's what I love about being a convert, I remember being taught by the missonaries and feeling the spirit and learning new things! It was the most amazing experience! It is so true and we are all so blessed to have the gospel! Once you know that you are a child of God and that He does love you, it changes everything! That is neat to be able to witness and see the changes that happen in others lives and to see the spirit testify to them!!

Love, Daniela

Tricia said...

Hey Kendra! It was good to see you this weekend. Your kids are so cute! The blog for our family is http://theschuetzlers.blogspot.com/