 |
| Prismatic Spring- Ain't She pretty! |
NOTE: I know that these pictures make no sense in the order they are in. I'm sorry, but I'm just to tired to deal with it.
I am finally posting about our (super super amazing) family vacation (I saw everyone else posting about the first days of school, but I guess I'm still in denial) That and my camera is busted
(I am taking donations to replace my crippled friend. ) Don't get me started about the rest of the electronics I've cremated this month.
But anyway. We left early 4th of July Sunday morning and headed up the road. The drive was calm and uneventful.
(I would like to bear my testimony of GPS) It took us like 9 hours to get there. I have to say that leaving in the middle of the night does make the trip seem shorter. We had our very first KOA experience and I have to say I'm totally converted.
(camping trip that includes swimming, showers and mini golf...who could ask for anything more?) We arrived in time to cook up some fabulous gourmet Dutch oven
(Golden's the pro) and catch a fabulous fireworks display. Great job west Yellowstone. The next was the mane event: Yellowstone
(at this point I must interject my excitement. When I was a little girl, I watched some random Disney documentary about Yellowstone national park, and I have been fixated on going ever since. Seriously. For like 25 years.) Pictures can in no way do justice to a place so untamed, remarkable or beautiful
. (notice this did in no way keep me from taking many, many shots.)
In order to form a more peaceful union, we bribed the kids with a trip to a theme park on the way home. My older kids are dare-devils. And at this point in my life, I was not (I have since overcome this weakness and am now a seasoned "Wicked" rider) And since Golden gets sick on these kind of rides, Lincoln and Shaunie were forced to go it alone. And they did. Brave souls. Lacie and Gage loved the "games" and Gager is quite the little dare devil himself!
We ended our trip with a visit to Temple Square. The kids were totally interested, and listened intently as Golden taught them things about our church.
I seriously don't know if we could have had a better trip. Life is Beautiful!!
THE END!
 |
| fairy falls :) |
 |
| The orange color comes from heat-loving bacteria called thermophiles . |
 |
| Lacie and Gage making jello salad |
 |
| Great story: every few this bison's tail would pouf up in the air. I said "hey check out that Bison, I think he's farting!" I know. I 'm hilarious. Turns out he was only warming his hiney on a steam vent. |
 |
| you could not see the bottom to this .hot spring |
 |
| guyser. |
 |
| This is Wicked. |
|
 |
| Old Faithful!!!!!!! |
|
 |
yeah. That's us
|
6 comments:
I love all the pictures you posted. My favorite is Lacie coloring in her sleep. LOL I also love the family picture with the temple in the back ground. It looks like you guys had a great family vacation.
Yellowstone is one of my favorite favorite favorite places on earth! I love it there! Looks like you had a great time!
Like Bonita, Yellowstone is my upmost favorite places. I worked in West Yellowstone for a summer, so I was able to inside the park almost everyday. Love Love love it... I am glad you had a good time.
I love your blog. It's so cool to share this with all of us. It's really fun. I love your Family!
Oh how fun! And I am so jealous! What a cute bunch of kids. Is your youngest in school? That must bring on a sense of freedom that I have even yet to understand.
Anyway, it looks like a super fun vacation. Great pics, I like the one with Lacie sleeping. Really cute.
I am so glad we found each others blogs!
it looks like you had so much fun! I am glad. (even though u didnt stop to visit. lol)
Post a Comment