Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The Ghost of Christmas Past

The past two months have been very eventful for me, so please forgive the lack of news coming from this direction.  It started in November when Golden finally convinced me to put the house up for sale (gulp).  We were thinking this would be a good time to look into getting something a little bigger and more fun.  So, we listed our house.  This was Saturday.  Sunday came with lots of funny comments about the "joke" someone played on us.  Ha-Ha.  Monday came and we had two people come and look.  Tuesday came and we got an offer.  It was reasonable.  That was not a joke.  Wednesday, and we accepted.  So, two days after Christmas, we packed up all our junk (and seriously, who needs two storage units full of crap?  Where did it all come from?  If only Golden wasn't such a pack rat! did anyone notice my sarcasm?)  Now we are living with my kind, gracious, and slightly crazy parents.  Crazy because they let  all six of us stay here.  But in the mean time we are building ourselves a brand spankin' new house!  Actually, Golden's dad is building it.  And I have to say he is a genius.  Somehow I am getting everything I could possibly wish for at a price I can afford.  (so anyone thinking I should write infomercials?)

But our Christmas was wonderful, and I just have to record it.
Christmas Tree Hunting:
To Tree or not to tree: That was the question this year.  With the move coming up so close, I knew that it would be just one more thing to take care of after me, but the thought of no tree was just so grinchy! We made plans to go with Golden's Family  (a long-standing and well-loved tradition.)  The guys had to go get cows that morning and ended up getting stuck (which is another blog entirely)  so we girls hauled all the kids, coats, cans and saws up the mountain to harvest the perfect tree.  I was pretty impressed with us and are awesomeness.  The only hang-up of the whole trip was a lack of tie-downs, a problem easily remedied by a shoelace or two!!




Christmas Eve:
Talent Shows, lovely dinner, and a  Grand sleepover at Grandma J's house PJ the elf came and brought the entire house matching Pajamas!



For Gages talent, he drew pictures of the nativity and retold the story.  this was entirely his own idea and to be honest,  I didn't even help him! My favorite quote "Ok, everybody listen up! We're talkin about Jesus here so we need to have the spirit!"

Shaunie and Ashton sang an Angelic Duet.  Little girls with big voices!!


Lacie and her partners in crime did a dance to "the princesses 12 days of christmas"
Lincoln played the piano beautifully, but I Cant find the picture.  so imagine him playing the piano beautifully!










6 comments:

keri said...

I still can't believe how fast your house sold. But so exciting for a new one. Looks like your Christmas was really fun.

Amy said...

The family picture my mom gave me turned out quite well, much better than I would have ever expected! Those 12 kids are the cutest! I guess I should get on the ball and post about the holidays. At least you have an excuse with moving and everything.

Bonita said...

What a great Christmas!! I can't wait to hear the cow story..lol..I love a good cow story. :-)

Unknown said...

Wow! Somethings happen for a reason. Where are you building?

Meridy said...

Good times! :)

Saddie said...

You sold your house THAT fast! Wow! I bet the experience was dizzying.

Nice shoelace pics. Very ingenious.