Saturday, January 29, 2011

New Home News


As I said in my last post, we are building a new house... and I am so excited as I watch it materialize right before my very eyes!  This week we  got the basement framed and the floor on.  Remember how I said my Father in Law is a genius?  He is.  And I have a new piece of evidence to support that fact.Tar.Sticky, black, stinky, messy, stainy (yes I know that isn't a real word.)  A necessary evil if you have a basement in your new home.  But still an unpleasant one.  Why does this make my dear father in law a genius?
 He had us paint the tar on the basement walls.

4 comments:

Shane and Brandi said...

I am so excited about your new house!

Amy said...

You didn't expect him to do the messy work did you?

Lisa Harradine said...

Congrats! That is so Exciting :)

Snowwhite said...

My dad made me paint the tar on the styrofoam walls of our house when it was being built and yes, it is an incredibly messy thing.