Still working on updating the news from this summer. This post is newsworthy, but sad. My Grandma passed away. I have been helping in her house for over nine years and lived next door for two years. This gave me the opportunity to be close to her and my grandpa, who passed away in March. If I could use one adjective to describe Grandma, it would be "builder." She found a way to uplift whoever she talked to. When I was with her, I knew I was smart, hardworking, creative, pretty, a good mother, and most of all, loved. She wanted her children and grandchildren to reach their full potential, and did so many things to help them with their dreams. When I was a teenager, I loved to draw. She once "commissioned" me to do a picture for her home. I drew a picture for her, wich she had professionally framed. She hung it in her living room where everyone could see it, and it stayed there until her death. I miss my grandma. It is hard to think of her not being there. It felt like her home was a sanctuary, a place where no matter what happened, I was loved and thought well of. I am sad for myself, but I am so glad that she doesn't have to suffer in her failing body. I am happy to think of her together with my grandpa again. I am so grateful for eternal families and the gospel. I know that Grandma and Grandpa still watch out for me from their place in heaven, and I find comfort in that.
Vroom!
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment