Sunday, June 29, 2008

Ward Campout


My calling at church is ward activities committe chairperson, which is the best calling anyone could ever have. This weekend we had a ward campout. Most things went pretty smooth, but there were a few things that I would change. Because of all the stuff going on this summer, I didn't plan a meeting with the rest of the committee. I really missed out not having their input and ideas. I won't do that to myself again I work with great people who have awesome ideas! And not using their many talents is just a mistake on my part. Sorry, committee! We had a ward talent show, and we had several great numbers, but it wasn't very organized. Next time I am going to have someone else emcee and have an order that people go in. Also, I way overbought on food. We are going to have another activity Monday (not a ward activity, a FHE) to use up the leftovers. At least there wasn't too little. That would be way worse! All in all, I think people had a good time. I was happy to have people get together. A friend of ours in our ward had some awesome family connections to some property that was just over an hour away, and it was so, so, so nice! I am really glad to be part of the ward that I'm in, we have a great time! The picture is of our Bishop. When did he get such feminine arms?

5 comments:

Lisa Harradine said...

Ha, ha, ha. That picture is hilarious. I wasn't sure what it was a picture of until I read your post. It also sounds like you had alot of fun.

Heather Ballard said...

I just realized you had a blog. I'm so glad to be able to keep in touch with you this way.

Shane and Brandi said...

Sorry we missed it. I wished I could have seen that talent.

The Queen P said...

I need to move into your ward! You throw such great parties!!!! My wedding was the best :) Thanks!

Bonita said...

Bishop totally looks like he is mooning somebody...someone should tell him about that plumber's crack thing..