Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Sunday Special

This morning when I was getting ready for church, I was thinking about an article I read in the Ensign. It talked about using technology to testify of Christ. It was just a brief, passing thought, but I decided that I would post something spiritual on my blog today. It was fast and testimony meeting in our ward because of General Conference next week. There were several testimonies that got me thinking today, and right before the meeting was over, I decided that I wanted to bear my testimony. Only, I decided a little too late, so I will post my testimony here. Nobody has to read it if they don't want to!


I am so blessed. Someone in our ward talked about their mother's testimony and how they had never appreciated their mother enough. I could say the same things about my mom. She is such a wonderful, spiritual, prayerful, loving, Christlike, service-oriented, strong woman. She has taught me to do what is right. I don't always do it like I should, but I know what it is that I should do. She has a very strong testimony of prayer. My testimony has been strenghtened by hers. I pray about everything. Sometimes I wonder if Heavenly Father is like "Her again?" But He loves me and He always listens. I pray about silly things. For example, all of my kids needed church shoes at the same time, so I prayed that I could find a way to get them. Not many days after that, I found nice church shoes for all of my kids at DI, and I am sure that was a result of my prayer. Another time I prayed about what to do about a mean dog next door that constantly barked at my kids. A few days after that, our neighbors had to put him down. I was horrified and I felt a little guilty, so I asked Heavenly Father if it was my fault, and I just felt a sweet, calm assurance that everything was ok. He doesn't always solve problems in the way that we think would be the best way because His ways are not our ways. But He will answer our prayers. My life was preserved just last week when I fell from the ladder. I could have been hurt so seriously, but I am walking, and moving, and with hardly any pain. Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ live. They hear and answer our prayers. They love us and care about our lives, even the mundane, day-to-day things. It is important to show them gratitude. I am so blessed. The Book of Mormon is true, and Heavenly Father speaks to us when we read it. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen


Now, on a prideful note, Look how pretty my girls are in their church dresses!

7 comments:

Bonita said...

Beautifully said. You should have given sharing time today, that was exactly what we talked about. I think your mom inspired a lot of people--me being one of them. She is a GEM.
You and your girls are beautiful!

Chatty Family said...

Kendra, what beautiful kids you have! I remember the "Oh BOY!" baby shower for all of us. Seems like ages ago. It was good to catch up a little through your blog. You're bookmarked now!

The Queen P said...

Thank you for your faith and testimony. I love you Kenni Sue!

keri said...

Your girls are beautiful. I love the picture of all three. Your stenght and love for our Heavenly Father really touched me. Thank you

joyce said...

Wow. What a tribute. Thank you very much from a very humble mother. I am also touched by your testimony of prayer. I am so pleased you have the moxy to share your testimony with the world.
yer mom

Michelle said...

Thanks for Sharing with us. it's always nice to be reminded of the deeper more meaningful side of our friends. I do appreciate you and your example to me. It is what I call a TRUE friend - someone not afraid to remind me to pray when I need to be reminded :)

Snowwhite said...

How adorable you all look in those pictures. I love how you did Lacy's hair. What a little doll.