Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween!!!

I absolutely love Halloween. I love dressing my kids up. I love it when they come up with great ideas for costumes. I love putting those costumes together with the kids. I love decorating pumpkins. I don't really like scary stuff, so I tend not to focus on that part of things (I could write a book entitled 25 different reasons to wear fairy wings.)

We decorated pumpkins early last week. Golden wanted a simple one, Lincoln wanted a scary one, Shaunie wanted one with eyelashes, Gage wanted a blue one, and I did some crazy thing without a face. Sadly, I forgot to take pictures of our finished products, but here are some examples of the process.


Everyone is working intensely on their pumpkin when all of a sudden...

Gage reaches over and paints Daddy's face blue. For no reason. It was funny.

Lincoln and Shaunie wielding swords at gourds.

And now, for the costumes...

I was a Greek Godess. Or Mother Nature. Take your pick. (hint... this is a very easy costume if its October 30th and you don't have a costume)




Lincoln was Mr. Potato Head. Next to him is his lovely bride, Mrs. Potato head (aka Ashton)



Shaunie was a spider girl type thingy.



Gage was Iron Man (ask him to sing the song for you some time).



Lacie was a witch. Her cousin Mason was a black cat.


Yet another successful holiday!

16 comments:

keri said...

cute costumes. Check out the craft blog your a winner

The Andra Family said...

Love, love, love the costumes! You are a great seamstress and creative with the ideas.

rayndrop said...

I love all the costumes! The only person missing is Golden. What did he dress up as?

Stefanie said...

You're so much more creative than I am. Or maybe just more ambitious. But whatever it is, you all looked great!

Stephanie said...

Well done! The costumes all look fabulous, and your kids are getting so big! Wowza!

Kurt and Kortney Tobler said...

I LOVE all of the costumes....so cute. I especially love Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head...haha...too funny. Greats pics!

Tiffanie said...

You are so ultra talented my dear! Very cute costumes!

Snowwhite said...

I'm glad to see how much you got into Halloween. Looks like you had tons of fun, and all of your costumes were very well done. Having little children truly does make Halloween fun.

The Clarks said...

very cute! I love that he swiped some blue on Golden, I can just imagine how funny that would have been!

JustUs said...

Cute pics of the kids...and not bad hot mama!

Amy said...

Kendra they are all so cute! I love the Mr. and Mrs. Potatohead costumes. They turned out great!

Vanisi Family said...

I am continually amazed at your talents Kendra!! You're inspiring!

Natalie said...

too cute for words! You are soo talented and I love the costumes. I love your blog!

The Queen P said...

you are awesome! YOU LOOKED SO BEAUTIFUL!

Heather Ballard said...

What great costumes. Lacie looks so adorable. I also love the spider outfit.

Jena said...

these were WAY too cute! How did you manage!