1. Snakes:
Lincoln caught an itty-bitty snake on the way home from scouts a few weeks ago. I figured that since that the snake was so little and all by itself i
n the middle of the road, it's chance of survival was only slightly better at our house than the outside world. So I gave in when I heard the inevitable "can we keep him? Pleeeeeeease!" Into a bottle he went. The next day I was watching him in his little space and I felt a tiny amount of sympathy for him. (This is actually a big deal for me because I am not an animal person at all.) So I found a much bigger bottle for him to live in and I spent two plus (I'm not saying really how much time because it is too embarrassing) hours preparing a more appropriate habitat. That
little snakey and I bonded during that time, and I started to re-think my philosophy on pets. One, this snake will not stink. He has a lid on his jar and any snakey smells will be contained to a small space. Two, he has no hair. True, snakes do shed their skin, but see number one and that problem is solved. Three, he isn't going to wake me up at night. So far, he hasn't made a peep! That's more than I can say about anyone else in this house, so maybe pet-ownership isn't as bad as I thought it would be.
His name is Mr. Slithers, and the kids think he is their pet.
His name is Mr. Slithers, and the kids think he is their pet.
2. Gales:
I am sorry to say that the Gales (my sister and her husband) are moving. We have really enjoyed having them around. Christy has been such a huge help to me with the kids. She really loves them and they love her. I just can't even express how much it meant to me when she made that video of Mandy's life. I also have really enjoyed getting to know my brother-in-law Adam. He loves the kids as well and he is always so kind to Christy. They are great people to have around and I will really miss them when they move, but I do want to wish them well, I think they will really have the opportunity to succeed where they are going. Stupid economy that takes my family away from me.
3. Piggy- tails.
Lacie is my piggy-tail baby. Except this week, she has decided that she is no longer a baby.

6 comments:
How old is Lacie? Ella has started telling me before she goes "stinkies", but is deathly afraid of the toilet, and is still so young for potty-training (20 months) that I wouldn't want to scar her for future potty-training exploits if it didn't go well.
If you do decide to go for it, let me know how it goes. She looks like she is pretty close in age to Ella.
With Lacie that is so unfair! I hate potty training. Your kids will miss Christy and Adam a lot. How sad to see them go! And I am going to pretend you are my friend and don't like snakes. Actually he has grown on me too. As long as he is in his cage and it is turned to wear I don't have to see him he isn't that bad.
I am so worried about the potty training stage . . . I hope Elise is as willing to go along with it as Lacie is, and especially that early!
Lacie is 19 months old. Let me clarify something...I am not potty training her. Not yet. Shaunie potty trained at 20 months but that was because it was totally her own idea and it was either teach her or she would do it on her own (not a pretty picture.) So I am not encouraging it. Trish, you are right to dread potty training. It's basically heck.
Kendra, you can't even complain about potty training. Your kids are the easiest potty trainers I have ever heard of. How is Mr. Slithers doing? I can't believe you haven't got the deer hunt up yet. I was hoping to steal some of your pictures since I was without my camera again!
such a cute little snake I can see why you catch ants for him...Lacie is too big...she looks so old. Miss you guys!
Post a Comment