Saturday, October 4, 2008

Two Random Stories

Ok. This is my second post of the evening so everyone quickly scroll down and look at my grocery treasures and then give me a pat on the head for a job well done. Just Kidding.





Now on to the next thing. Yesterday Gage came up to me and in his sweet, angelic, little voice says "Mommy, I have a present for you!"





This was my present.





This toad has no idea, but these are his last moments because in a few moments, my sweet, angelic, little son takes him outside and squishes him with a rock! (Mommy, toads live under rocks. I was just putting him in his home!) I did not take a photo. You're Welcome.

RIP



My husband makes good dutch oven. He did some potatoes this afternoon. We tried adding a few carrots in with the potatoes as an experiment and now I think we may have re-perfected the perfect.

Chef Ramsey, Eat your Heart out!

12 comments:

The Clarks said...

Yikes! That poor frog . . . although I am sure we have all done something like that so you can't blame him too much. I used to cut ants in half and try to stick them back together, half black and half red.

Tiffanie said...

so sad, so sad.

I remember one of our many trips down to the river where Christy and I caught a BUNCH of tadpoles and frogs. After our successful find, we put them in your tub where we then got in the tub with them. Needless to say your mom was NOT happy with us.

Kids are so crazy!

Bonita said...

Did my boys teach Gage how to do that? Cause I swear they did the same thing a couple days ago
If Golden ever needs to cook dutch oven, I will happily provide that opportunity for him.

Stefanie said...

What a nice boy to give his mom a present. And I'm sure it's happier now in toad heaven. ;)

Tiffanie said...

I'm really sad you missed it too, so don't fall down anymore ladders before we are supposed to get together again!

Amy said...

I love Gage! I am so looking forward to dutch oven potatoes! We are coming up to the deer hunt, but we will probably do the cooking while Golden is out hunting.

Shane and Brandi said...

I wish Shane would do more when it was just us. He feels if he is going to do dutch oven it should be for a lot of people.

Becky said...

yuck to the frog...yummy to the potatoes. I really miss dutch oven cooking...not a whole lot of that going on down here in LA.

Dewy loved seeing Gage's toad. He looked a little funny when I read that he had squished that poor toad. He keeps asking to here the story again. I can't wait until it's my turn.

Jena said...

Kendra: You are gorgeous! Your family is so cute! The frog was so yucky, I'm sorry you got such a gut-wrenching present :P
I'm glad you found me, hope all is well! Loves! Joey & Jena

Tiffanie said...

Scary costumes are the way to go!

treen+5 said...

oohh I want to go horse back riding! We never did that in high school did we? Maybe we'll have to make up for lost time.

Amy said...

Sammi: Gage why did you squish and kill the frog and where did you find it?