Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Happy (extremely late) birthday to Gage








Yes, I know. His birthday was almost a whole month ago, and we still hadn't celebrated. Golden and I finally got to town to get his present on Friday. I didn't dare buy a bike without his help. Gage is getting so big! I can't believe that he is old enough for a real bike! This one is heavy duty Tonka read(indestructible) and both Golden and I thought he would love it. It was more than some of the other small bikes, but we knew that Gage is the type of kid that appreciates indestructible toys. Well, we blow out the candles, blindfold the birthday boy, and wheel out the surprise. We remove the blindfold, eagerly anticipating a "Thanks, Dad and Mom" or at the very least an "awesome!" Well, it was excited enough until Uncle Zach brought out the bucket of plastic dinousaurs. He got the "Thanks!" and the "Awesome!" I was a teeny tiny bit jealous seeing as how our gift probably cost about ten times as much as his, but Zach was quick to point out that mine would last much longer than his (especially since he won't be riding it because he is to busy playing with a bucket of plastic dinosaurs.) Truthfully, It is so fun to watch my creative, imaginitive boy build worlds upon worlds on the living room floor. Thank you, Zach for giving Gage the toy and me the memory. There is time enough for big-boy pedal bikes . Stay small just a little while longer. Happy Birthday, Gage, and don't let mommy make you grow up too fast!

1 comment:

The Queen P said...

Ask me if I"m surprised...that sounds like fun. Gage is such a cute kid! I love you guys!