Golden and Cade. Great Catch!
Alaska mountains
The crew with Bevin's King Salmon. Can you believe that is an "average-sized" fish!
Golden on the boat for their halibut fishing trip. There is a glacier behind him.
Back L to R: Whit, Tony, Randy, Nathan, Cade, Russel, Mark
Front L to R: Brad, Sam, Dale, Taner, Golden, Bevin
Bevin, Golden & Whit with the catch of the day (part of it anyway) They caught tons of halibut! It's hard work providing for a family, but these guys are up to it!
You may not be able to tell here, but a little while later, Golden turns a nasty shade of green and has to make a pit stop in the bottom of the boat. It's not polite conversation for this format, but you should ask him about it sometime. It's kind-of a good story! (poor honey)
The girl to the left of Golden in this picture was the grunt. She was 18 and just graduated from high school. She had a basketball scholarship somewhere. Her job was to bait the hooks, prepare the lines, gut and filet the fish, and clean up after people who had to go visit the bottom of the boat. Golden was very impressed with her. Whit caught a 100 pound halibut and this girl just threw it out and took care of it like it was nothing! What a girl has to do these days to get by!
This is the Russian river. And my favorite picture of you, Golden :}
Right after Golden took this picture, the guys got to watch this bear catch and eat a fish!
In the kenai (I don't know how to spell it) river there are salmon and these little tiny minnows. With all the salmon in the river, you have to be pretty lucky to snag one of those little tiny fish! Good job, hon!

This is the Russian river. And my favorite picture of you, Golden :}

6 comments:
It looks like they had a lot of fun! Thanks for sharing the pictures. I think the next time that they go the girls should take the Alaska cruise while they are fishing. What do you think? Sorry, I have not been posting, the page that I had bookmarked for you for some reason has not updated and I just thought that you had not been blogging all summer. I manually typed in your address and found a whole bunch of posts that I had missed. It was fun to catch up! See you at the family sleepover tomorrow. Oh, this is Amy not Jared.
Wow that looks like some intense fishing! I went fishing for my first time in Beaver mtn last week... I admire that girl who could do all that work! I was so grossed out just to put my own worm on the hook for a little fish! I think I would have preferred the beach..haha
cool pics - and what a fun blog! thanks for your comments on my blog, by the way - always fun to read those!
Wow, Alaska is so awesome. Those are awesome pictures. I Can't believe they got so close to that bear, that is way cool. I loved fishing when I was little but I haven't done it in forever.
Golden it looks beautiful there. From what I hear you had a great time. Next time DRAMAMINE!
Alaska is seriously so pretty. I went on a cruise there w/ Luke's work when Bailee was only 3 mths. old. I couldn't take her w/ me cause you have to be 6 mths. old and it was a free cruise so we had to take advantage. As hard as it was to leave her, it was well worth it. I'm looking forward to the beach pictures.
Post a Comment