The Glittering Goblin
This week was our pack's annual cubscout pinewood derby. Lincoln and Golden have been working for weeks on "The Glittering Goblin." Lincoln designed, sanded, painted and built his car with help from his dad. He definately knew what he wanted and when he asked me to stamp scroolly stuff on his car with red glitter, who was I to pass up a chance to get out the good ole embossing gun! Lincoln's car competed well; he got first in three out of four heats, and I have never been to a pinewood derby that was more fun. They had a guy come with an electronic track and he timed the races to the 1000th of a second. It went fast and was very organized. The boys all got awards and first, second, and third place got trophies (Lincoln was really eyeing those trophies, maybe next year!)This year he was contented with the "most artistic" award. To all of you that looked in my direction when this award was given to him... Lincoln designed his own car!!!! Good times were had by all, and I am just so thankful for his scout leaders. It's a thankless job that not many people are willing to do. Kudos to scout leaders everywhere!
Brandi: "There's gotta be chocolate somewhere inside this sucker!
Sabrina: "How did I get roped into this?!?"
Lincoln with his den leaders, two wonderful individuals that Lincoln absolutely loves.

4 comments:
Wow! Great looking car Lincoln. One good things for me about having all girls... No Scouts. Love ya Maridee
Way to go Lincoln. He did an awesome job on the car. Looks like he had lots of fun to!
Of course there was chocolate inside the sucker. I bought them! The perks of being in scouts..... You get to choose the dessert.
SWEET CAR Lincoln! It looked professional!
Post a Comment