Saturday, August 23, 2008

Kindness is Contagious...Catch it!


It is with sad and heavy heart that I write this. Golden's little sister Mandy was killed in a plane crash outside Moab last night. She was so sweet, kind, and good. She always made the decision to be happy. Whenever you asked her how she was she would answer "I'm fabulous!" She was. We love her and miss her. She had just become engaged to an awesome guy the night before the crash. She loved him so much! Mandy always thought of others and the reason for the title of this blog was that was Mandy's motto. When my grandma was dying earlier this year, she offered to take my kids all day long even though she had just barely gotten back from five-month-long teaching trip to Ukriane. Mandy had a testimony, and always chose what was right. Please pray for us because our hearts are hurting, but we are so grateful that she lived the kind of life that she did because we have no worries about where she is now. We love you, Mandy!

15 comments:

Nathan and Dianna Wiley said...

My prayers are with your family! I couldn't believe the news, I guess her mission was meant for somewhere greater than this life! I haven't known her since she was just little, when I lived in their ward, but what a beautiful life she lived. Again, our hearts go out to your family...

A said...

Your family is in our families prayers! Shes a beautiful girl and will be missed!
Amberly Demille

Liz said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with you at this trial in your life. I know it's hard. Heavenly Father loves us so much. Like with my daughter, Kairi, this was part of the plan.
Pace, Liz & Kairi Abbott

Steve and Brittany said...

We were so sad when we heard this news, and all of your family is in our prayers during such a difficult trial. I didn't know Mandy very well, but from what I remember of her she was a very sweet girl and I know her life will be missed!

Michelle said...

I am SOOOO sorry. our family will pray for your hearts to be comforted. we love you guys! she sounds like an amazing person that Heavenly Father would have such a special mission for her at this time in the spirit world.
Much Love.

treen+5 said...

Kendra this is Trina. I am so happy to have found your blog! At the same time my heart is breaking for you and Golden. Please know that you are in our thoughts and prayers. Let me know if I can help in ANY way...

AMY and steven said...

Your family will be in our thoughts and prayers and you endure this tough time in your lives. Losing a loved one is such an extremely hard thing to go through. But, how wonderful it is to have the knowledge of the Plan of Salvation and the Gospel in our lives. Mandy is in a much better place and will be waiting patiently until the time when you will all see her again. One of the sisters in my Young Women's Presidency also lost a little brother in that tragic crash, I just learned of his involvement at church today. My heart goes out to all of the families that have been affected by the accident.

Lisa Harradine said...

You will also be in our thoughts and prayers. I am sooo extremely sorry to hear about this and to know that your family has to go through this trial. It sounds like she was a beautiful person and that she lived a very special life and that she will be greatly missed.

Shane and Brandi said...

My heart is breaking for your family. Know you are in our prayers and we love you. We are here if you need a good cry.

keri said...

your family is in our thoughts and prayers. Let us know if there is anything we can do for you.

Tobler Family said...

We are so sorry to hear about your sweet sister. I havent been able to stop thinking about all the families that have lost a loved one. My moms friend was Valerie who was also on the plane. It is amazing the amount of people one tragic event affects. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and the rest of her family....

Stefanie said...

I'm so sorry, Kendra. My family was quite shocked by the news because we knew Dr. Ellsworth well. But I can't imagine what your family is going through. You'll be in our prayers. We love you!

Snowwhite said...

Golden and Kendra - I was so sorry to hear about this and have been thinking about it a lot. I didn't know her personally, but since I know most of Golden's family and have heard you speak of her, you guys have been in my thoughts and prayers. I am sure it is hard to understand why these things happen and to accept them, but as you know, she is in God's care now.

n.davis said...

Hey Kendra and Golden,
This is Nikki Jeppson,mandy's friend from high school!
I just want you to know that you are all in our prayers and that we love you all so much. She was such a special girl and so important in so many peoples lives, including mine. She will be missed. So missed. I love you, and if you need anything at all just let me know.
Nikki Davis (Jeppson)

Heather Ballard said...

I'm so sorry about your loss. I hope your doing okay. That had got to be hard. Yout thoughts and prayers are with us.