Sunday, August 17, 2008

Saving $$$

I went to a class a few weeks ago about how to save money on groceries by using coupons. I went to support my friend, but in my head I was thinking that it probably wasn't something I would do. I had always thought that coupons weren't worth it because they were for stuff I didn't use and it was cheaper to buy generic even with a coupon. Well, I was wrong! This company has a website where they match manufacturers coupons with in-ad specials -- it's http://www.grocerysmarts.com/-- and using their system, I spent about $35 and I got 6 things of laundry detergent, 10 boxes of pizza rolls, 5 cartons of ice cream, 6 boxes of granola bars, and 4 boxes of taquitos. I saved about $82! Needless to say, I'm converted!
PS if you go visit this website you will need this code: g84cso. Saving money is fun!

5 comments:

keri said...

wow I am impressed. I wanted to go to the class and couldn't make it now I am kicking myself. I have been using the coupons and price matching the ads but nothing like your shopping spree. Also I need to get your apricot nector recipe from you agian. I want to try it with peaches. Have you heard anything on the stake farm? Did Gage get into his preschool?

Amy said...

How much work is it? I have done the price matching, but it always ends up being a lot of searching the ads and then a lot of haggling at the checkout stand. By the time I get done I don't feel like it is worth it.

Lisa Harradine said...

Wow that sounds like it would be worth the savings. I have always been interested in doing something like this but never new where to go. So thanks for posting this!

Shane and Brandi said...

Thanks for the support! And I agree I didn't think it could be this easy, but it is.

Vanisi Family said...

Awesome website! Any connections for CA?