Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Love and Kindness

Mandy painting Shaunie's finger nails


I feel so grateful for everything. I never knew how much people care about our family. We appreciate everyone so much; people are so kind! From phone calls to hugs, offers for dinner to babysitting, prayers to homemade bread and jam; the outpouring of love shown to us has been amazing. I am also grateful for the lessons that we have learned from this awful experience (but I recommend that if there is another way to learn them, choose that way!) Our family has grown so much closer. I have gained a new appreciation for my in-laws. I love them all (ALL of them), and I am so lucky to be part of the Johnson family. I have gotten to know members of our family so much better, and I am grateful for the relationships we have strengthened.



My testimony has grown through this experience as well. I know our Heavenly Father loves us. He is mindful of every thought, pain, and happiness that we experience. Today I looked out in our flower bed and I noticed that my favorite flowers were blooming. They hadn't bloomed for a long time and I just thought "That's Heavenly Father sending me flowers!" My testimony of writing in a journal... let's just say that I have one now. I have never written in a journal. I now will. Maridee said that they are all going to take 10 minutes every Sunday to write and I think we are going to do that as well. We have Mandy's journals and I love them. I also have learned it is important to let people take your picture. We have hundreds of pictures of Mandy. I am so glad! We still have a piece of her around! I also have learned that it is important to treat everyone with kindness. Mandy changed so many lifes by showing simple acts of kindness. Her influence was dramatic and far-reaching. A short conversation and a smile can go a long way.



I am truly blessed in so many ways. I feel so grateful. Heavenly Father lives, and he loves us. He doesn't ask us to do anything that we can't do, and He supports us with His strength through our trials. These things are true.

6 comments:

Amy said...

I love you Kendra!
Your sister,
Amy

Bonita said...

Beautifully said.

n.davis said...

I agree, it was beautifully said.

My husband and I can't afford to come down for the funeral, we were down this weekend for another reception, will you please give your in-laws a huge hug for me and tell them that I love them? I have some stuff i'm going to send, but I just feel awful I can't come.
I love you all, and I'm praying for you.

Love, Nikki Davis (Jeppson)
--mandy's friend from high school--

Shane and Brandi said...

We love you Kendra and Golden!

keri said...

Kendra and Golden.Thank you for your testimony and your strength The Lord is mindful of you and loves your family. We love your family. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

treen+5 said...

You expressed that so well. Thank you for taking the time to share with us. I hope you have a happy day today. :)